Haddington Hockey is made up of Haddington’s Hockey Junior/Youth Section, Haddington Ladies, ‘Back to Hockey’ Ladies and the Men’s Team, working in partnership with Knox Academy.
- Hockey for All! Have fun playing hockey at any level and within your local community.
- Develop the skills and abilities of all players through high quality coaching and training.
- Offer young players support within and outside of the school curriculum.
- Provide opportunities to engage with other players across East Lothian.
- Develop positive self belief, resilience and strength of character.
- Provide opportunities to become a leader
President: Linda Wood
Treasurer: Fiona Allan
Secretary: Claire Colquhoun
Child Protection Officer: Jacqui Mackinnon
Youth Section Captain: Lottie Brown
Ladies Club Captain: Wendy Craig
Men’s Club Captain: Daniel Hogarth
Knox Academy School of Hockey Contact: Steve Wands
Haddington Hockey Privacy Information, including membership data protection information, is on the Website Policy and Privacy page.
CODE OF CONDUCT – HADDINGTON HOCKEY CLUB
CODE FOR SUPPORTERS/PARENTS
- Be on your best behaviour
- Set a good example to our young players
- Do not use bad language, swear or ridicule players
- Do not harass players, coaches or referees
- Remember many helpers are volunteers ie. are giving up their time for free to help with the children
- Remember junior helpers are learning and will make mistakes, try and be patient and support them
- Remember young people play for their own enjoyment, it’s not always about winning
CODE FOR PLAYERS
- Have fun
- Play with a positive attitude
- Remember to display good sportsmanship, players disregarding this spirit will be considered for instant substitution during a game
- Play for enjoyment, not just to win
- Never argue with the referee
- Control your temper, no bad language, set a good example to younger players
- Respect your opponents
- At the final whistle shake hands with your opponents and thank the referee(s)
- Respect the facility you are using and take home all rubbish/water bottles