From August 2017, Knox Academy is starting a new programme, ‘Knox School of Hockey’, to provide a clear development pathway for young hockey players. This will be coordinated in conjunction with hockey provision in the community by the Haddington Hockey Ladies, Men’s and Youth Hockey clubs, under the umbrella ‘Haddington Hockey’.
- Hockey for All! Have fun playing hockey at any level and within your local community.
- Develop the skills and abilities of all players through high quality coaching and training.
- Offer young players support within and outside of the school curriculum, working with Haddington Hockey.
- Provide opportunities to engage with other players across East Lothian.
- Develop positive self belief, resilience and strength of character.
- Provide opportunities to become a leader.
Training is on Monday nights at the Aubigny astro pitches, for girls and boys:
- S1-S2 4.15-5.30pm
- S3-S6 5.30-6.30pm
- S1, U15 and Senior Girls teams play Saturday matches and tournaments.
- S1-S6 Boys teams play Friday afternoon matches (TBC). Boys over 14 years can also attend the Men’s team training, from 7-8pm on Mondays.